Long relationships demonstrate the success of SIAA’s integrated multi-level partnering model for Master Agencies and independent agents.
June 2016 – Hampton, N.H. – SIAA (Strategic Insurance Agency Alliance) today announced that five master agencies are marking special anniversaries with the alliance this summer. SAN of Florida (The Strategic Agency Network of Florida) and SIA New York are celebrating 20 years; TAA (the Texas Agency Alliance) and MIAA (the Midwest Insurance Agency Alliance) are marking 15 years; and VIAA (the Valley Insurance Agency Alliance) is marking 10 years with SIAA.
These Master Agencies and 43 others across the U.S. share SIAA’s mission of forging valuable relationships among area independent agents while growing agency knowledge, premiums, and market share.
“Marking decade-long relationships with these Master Agencies is truly special and something we greatly value,” said SIAA Chief Executive Officer Jim Masiello. “Independent agents in these regions are enjoying profitable premium growth and quality relationship integration among member agencies and strategic partner carriers. The success of these Master Agencies demonstrates that the SIAA model works and we thank these agencies for their tireless dedication to their independent agents and to SIAA.”
Each of these Master Agencies was recognized with an award and reception by SIAA for their years of service. Member agencies include former direct and captive agents, producers and existing independent agents.
- Based in St. Petersburg, FL, SAN of Florida serves more than 140 member agencies across the Florida peninsula and will mark its 20th anniversary July 1. SAN of Florida was started as SAN of Tampa Bay by Mark Berset, founder and CEO.
- Based in Rochester, NY, SIA NY serves more than 26 members in New York State and will mark its 20th anniversary June 28. SIA NY was formed by Larry Stanney of Paris Kirwan Associates, Inc.
- Based in Abilene, TX, AA has more than 50 member agencies across Texas and marked its 15th anniversary May 15. TAA was formed by Perry Hall Hunter, Inc. and is led by Ronny Bryant, President, and Philip Bruce, Vice President.
- Based in Lincoln, NE, MIAA serves the needs of more than 184 independent agents across Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota. MIAA will mark its 15th anniversary with SIAA Aug. 6. MIAA was formed by Mike Meacham, CEO.
- Based in Clayton, MO, VIAA serves roughly 90 independent agents across Illinois and Missouri. VIAA marked its 10th anniversary with SIAA June 1. VIAA was formed by Pierce Powers.
The SIAA master agency model was created in 1983 in the New Hampshire area by agency owner, now SIAA CEO Jim Masiello, when he created the SAN Group. Today, SIAA is the largest alliance of independent insurance agencies in the country, and has helped to create more than 3,400 new, independent insurance agencies. In 2015, SIAA’s strategic partner companies generated $570 million in new business.
“We are so very proud that these Master Agencies have embraced our model to help independent agents build stronger futures,” said Masiello. “We hope to see membership grow for decades to come.”
SIAA is a national insurance agency alliance dedicated to the creation, retention, growth and continued success of the independent insurance agency distribution system. SIAA has signed more than 5,800 member agencies through 48 master agencies across the country since its inception in 1995. Of that member number, SIAA and its Master Agencies have created over 3,400 new start-up agencies coming predominantly from former captive agents. An estimated 13 percent of all independent agencies in the U.S. are or have been signed members of SIAA. SIAA brings profitable premium growth and quality relationship integration between its member agencies and strategic partner companies, and provides a wide range of resources to help agencies increase sales, retention, revenue and value.